Content marketing and native advertising growth it set to outpace other marketing tactics over the next two years. “But first, marketers will have to deal with hurdles involving efficiency, measurement and targeting, which the rise of automated marketing technology (martech) could help resolve.”
Some of the barriers preventing marketers from expanding their content marketing and native advertising initiatives are:
1. Lack of resources and budget to deliver high-quality content efficiently was the biggest issue (55%)
2. Difficulty measuring and proving ROI (50%)
3. Inability to target and distribute at scale
Martech “will help industry professionals overcome these boundaries and change the future of content and native”:
1. Six in 10 agency and brand professionals and publishers said automation tools would allow for more precise data-driven target marketing.
2. 58% would be able to resolve the ROI issue with better measurement and optimization techniques.
3. Distributing content at scale and creating quality content more quickly were also expected to be results of marketing automation.
4. Only 11% of respondents said such martech wouldn’t improve content and native.
A “January 2015 polling by Curata found that… nearly six in 10 US marketers intended to increase content marketing tech investment in 2015. Of course, content marketing and native advertising cannot be used interchangeably, with Digiday and PulsePoint explaining: ‘Content marketing is the overarching strategy. Native is one tactic of execution.’ But the two certainly intersect, as the study went on to say: ‘Content marketing is the message. Native can be the envelope it is delivered in.’ While marketers must indeed treat each as its own, content marketing and native advertising’s strong relationship means tech will reshape both simultaneously.”
Image: Courtesy of Balcom Agency
Glenn Gow is an expert in marketing performance, Coach, Board Advisor, Author, Speaker, Podcast Host and Founder & Advisor of Crimson Marketing. Follow me on Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+. To get a free copy of Crimson’s One-Page Marketing Metrics Funnel, visit here.